Counselling Rates and Fees:
- Sessions are $110 per hour, including taxes.
- Based on 50 minutes of face to face time, and 10 minutes of note-taking and file management
- Arrangements can be made for third party billing on a case by case basis
- Adjustments to fees can be discussed based on demonstrated financial need
- Payment is accepted at the beginning or end of session by cash or cheque
- Late Cancellation fee is $75
- Applied when there is less than 24 hours notice given to cancel an appointment
Fees may also apply to assessments, reports, letters and forms that are filled at the request of clients. The fees for these services are based upon industry guidelines and can be discussed by request.
Coverage by Extended Benefits:
Did you know that the cost of counselling services can be reimbursed to you by your extended health benefits if you have them? I am credentialed as a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) as well as Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC). This will increase the number of benefit plans that will cover the costs of my services (up to a yearly dollar limit), and can help you to complete the counselling that you start. Check over your extended health plan to see if this very helpful benefit may apply to you.
Over the last number of years, the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC) has become the leader in regulation of the counselling profession for British Columbia. As a result, therapists that are credentialed as “RCC” find that there is a great deal of recognition by insurance plans, and their clients can have the added benefit of knowing they can access the help they need, without being dragged down by the cost.